Digital Threshold News: Episode 2 Recap
In the second episode of Digital Threshold Live, “Trust and Confidence: The Foundation of Delivering an Exceptional Visitor Experience,” host Anil Chitkara, Evolv Technology Co-founder and Head of Corporate Development, was joined by Jason White, Managing Director of Corporate Safety and Security for Hershey Entertainment and Resorts.
Episode 2 Highlights
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts has done an excellent job navigating the COVID-19 pandemic. The company proactively discussed procedures at the start of the new year before COVID-19 really made its way to the United States, keeping the safety of its staff and customers at the forefront of risk management and business continuity strategies.
Chitkara and White discussed a variety of topics related to public safety, public health, the customer journey and the path back to normal, including:
- Safely reopening in the wake of the pandemic, including technologies and strategies helping to make that possible.
- Creating a touch-free, contactless environment using technology such as Evolv’s touchless security screening systems.
- Safeguarding guests and employees with rigorous safety protocols, including temperature checks and COVID questionnaires as a health defense at each entrance.
- Balancing uncompromising security and an outstanding guest experience.
- Being prepared for inevitable staff quarantines and making sure Hershey Entertainments and Resorts was not short-staffed.
- Having a plan in place as health protocols and dynamics shift. “We have very, very strict and very detailed exposure response plans that have worked very well for us to the point where we’ve had no cases of community spread within HE&R, which is something we’re very proud of,” White said.
Venue security and venue reopening are complex topics, but leaders like White are developing a roadmap toward a new normal and beyond.
You can view the OnDemand version of the webcast by clicking on the video below.
To view OnDemand versions of other Digital Threshold Live episodes or register for future ones, click here.
Too busy to sit in front of your laptop and watch these webcasts? We offer these as a podcast. The Digital Threshold Podcast series is available on Apple, Google or Spotify.