Digital Threshold News: Introduction & Episode 1 Recap
Welcome to Digital Threshold News. In this newsletter, we’ll keep you up-to-date on all the latest insights and thought leadership from our Digital Threshold Live webcast series and podcasts.
These webcasts and podcasts give us the opportunity to bring you the latest industry trends and lessons learned from professionals and practitioners who are at the intersection of venues and technology to keep you ahead of the curve. The goal is to give you specific, targeted actions you can bring back to your organization and inspire you to think about how the future of the industry is taking shape.
In the first episode of Digital Threshold Live, “Safely Reopening New York’s Art Venues in a Pandemic,” host Anil Chitkara, Evolv Technology Co-Founder and Head of Corporate Development, was joined by three impressive industry guests:
- Keith Prewitt, Chief Security Officer for the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Lisa Schroeder, Director of Finance, Performance and Campus Operations for the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Thomas Slade, Senior Security Director for the American Museum of Natural History
Alongside many of New York City’s cultural institutions, these leaders formed a coalition of sorts to bring together the city’s brightest minds in the face of the daunting task of navigating the COVID-19 pandemic and, now, reopening efforts aimed at creating a safer environment in a city accustomed to approximately 60 million tourists annually.
Episode 1 Highlights
Chitkara and the trio of industry leaders discussed a variety of topics relating to public safety, public health, the customer journey and the path back to normal, including:
- Safely reopening in the wake of the pandemic, including technologies and strategies helping make that possible
- The impact of, and desire for, touchless customer experiences
- The importance of risk mitigation and continuity plans that empower you to be agile and adaptable in an ever-changing environment
- How art venues, in particular, are giving visitors and staff alike peace of mind
- How the visitor journey is being impacted by social distancing, patron screening, and more
- Emerging and re-emerging technologies, such as temperature screening
Venue security and venue reopening are complex topics, but leaders like Prewitt, Schroeder and Slade are developing a roadmap toward a new normal and beyond.
You can view the OnDemand version of the webcast by clicking on the video below.
To view other OnDemand episodes of Digital Threshold Live, click here.
Too busy to sit in front of your laptop and watch these webcasts? We offer these as a podcast. The Digital Threshold Podcast series is available on Apple, Google or Spotify.