Please note that our Website may contain links to other sites not owned and/or operated by us; therefore these sites may have privacy policies that differ from our Website.
This Website Privacy Notice is effective as of February 1, 2019.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our business activities we may collect and process the following personal information you might provide to us including your name, job title, employer, business email address, personal email address and contact details.
Information collected from other sources
We also may obtain and process your personal information (for example your name, job title, employer, business email address, personal email address and contact details) when you provide it to us for, or at, an external event, or when you provide it to an event organizer and we have sponsored that event.
We also maintain a log of certain information concerning visitors to our Website, including but not limited to a visitor’s IP address (a computer’s numerical Internet address), the websites from which visitors access our Website, the type of web browsers used to access our Website, the device used to access our Website, and the pages viewed. Such information may be treated as personal information under certain applicable local law. We only use this type of information to understand how our Website is accessed and how it is used.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.
We use Google Analytics. For information on how Google processes and collects your information in regard to this product and how you can opt-out, please see here.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- communicate with you about our latest news, events and products or services;
- communicate with you in response to your inquiries, requests, comments or suggestions;
- provide you with information and services or products that you request from us; and
- comply with legal obligations and where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We will always have one of the following reasons to obtain or use your personal information before doing so:
- we will have obtained your consent;
- we will be using the information to enable us to perform a contract you have entered into with us, or we are taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract;
- we will be using the information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- we will be using the information because doing so is in our legitimate interests and those legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms..Our legitimate interests include, providing you with news and information about events, providing you with responses and information you have requested from us, and establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties, including third-party service providers and our authorized sales representatives and distributors. Third-party service providers may include, for example, professional advisers, consultants and cloud service providers.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our written instructions.
Subject to applicable law, our user information is a business asset of our company. If we were sold to or merged with another company, our user information may be transferred to a successor of the company, who will agree to abide by the terms of this Website Privacy Notice. You have the right to request that your personal information be removed from our systems at any time.
We will also disclose personal information (1) in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), and (2) in our sole discretion if we believe that such disclosure is appropriate in connection with an official government or regulatory investigation or in response to a perceived significant threat to a person’s health or property or to our business.
We may also transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which are considered by the European Union to not provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information. However, to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection when transferred outside the EEA, we will enter contracts with the recipient parties that contain the standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission to ensure the data is appropriately protected.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information we will securely destroy it in accordance with applicable laws.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being lost, stolen or misused. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know it. Those third parties we use to process your information will do so only in an authorized manner and will be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. In the event of a data breach, we will follow all legal obligations with respect to notifying persons that are involved and appropriate regulators.
Rights in connection with your personal information
European Economic Area (EEA) Privacy Rights:
If you are a resident of EEA, you have certain rights regarding our use of your personal information. Under certain conditions, you have the right to request from Evolv, among other things:
- access to certain information concerning your personal information and the way we are processing it;
- correction of errors in your personal information;
- deletion of or restriction of inaccurate personal information or personal information that has been unlawfully processed;
- for us to stop certain processing of your personal information, including direct marketing; and
- receipt of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, enabling you to transmit the information to another controller.
Generally, these rights may not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information, or if the information is relative to a legal dispute. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent (see “How we use your personal information” above), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
For more information on the full extent of your rights or to exercise your rights, please contact us in accordance with the contact details below. We may request further information from you to verify your identity before proceeding with a response for access or other such request.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our email marketing communications you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email at any time.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit an email request to email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “Your Evolv California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
The Evolv Website does not currently recognize and process “do not track” signals from different web browsers. For more information on “do not track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
How to contact us
We hope that we can resolve any questions or concerns you raise about our use of your personal information. If you have questions, or would like further information about this Website Privacy Notice and our information practices, please contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may reach us by postal mail or phone at:
200 West Street
Waltham, MA 02451 USA
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to complain to your local data protection authority (DPA) within the EEA. You can find the details for your local DPA here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is current as of February 1, 2019. We reserve the right to amend this notice in order to comply with applicable data protection laws. Should we amend this notice, we will take reasonable measures to provide notification of the changes.